To ensure proper coordination, research and evaluation of Government programmes and policy initiatives and advising Government on general policy issues.
- Designed to; effectively and efficiently address policy issues and orientation in addition to political and policy coordination.
Research and Evaluation of Government programmes and policy initiatives, analyzing policy option and advising Government on general policy issues.
- Processing implementation of policies as directed by the Government through relevant Ministries and other organizations.
- Initiating and arranging the setting up of Committees/Commissions as deemed appropriate by the Government on identified problem/area needing investigation.
- Coordinating of the activities of such Committees/Commissions including handling report, drafting white paper, Council Memorandum and Implementation of Executive Resolutions.
Keeping records of all Ministries/Agencies Progress report on Government Programmes/Achievements executed.
- Processing of Political appointment, and responsible for all matters relating to furnishing of their residence.
- Co-ordination of visit of VVIPs.
- In-charge of all Committees and Commissions appointed by Government, their composition, funding and terms of reference.
- Responsible for arrangement of formal handing-in reports of committees' set- up by Government including drafting of white papers.
- Coordination of internal and external relations in areas of mutual agreement between the state Government and other states` and the Federal Government.
- Investigates and process petitions and complaints by private individuals retired and serving public officers.
- Liaison with all other Federal Agencies e.g. National Civic Registration, Public Complaint Commission, Code of Conduct Bureau, Revenue Mobilization Commission, Legal Aid Council etc.
- Responsible for matters relating to Nigeria Citizenship, Immigration, Prison, and Custom and Excise.
- Furnishing of residence of Political office holders.
- Provision of official Code Numbers to Government vehicles.
- Compiling of and keeping records of the resolutions passed by State House of Assembly as well as making follow-ups to ensure compliance by the affected Ministries/ Departments.
- Responsible for all matters relating to transition e.g. Logistic arrangements Monitoring and recording the phases of transition with House of Assembly e.t.c.
- Issuance of official passports and screening civil servants for issuance of visas.
- Coordination of National Honors and Merit Award and Matters relating the Meeting of Governors of owners-States of NNPC, Bank and Kaduna Polytechnic.
- Liaison with Parastatals
- Member-Finance and General purpose committee.
- Verification of liabilities of unpaid voucher.
- Keeping records of all Ministries/Agencies & Parastatals progress report on Government Programmes/Achievement Executed.
Any other duties assigned by the Secretary to the State Government.
BLOCK A, SECOND & THIRD FLOORS, NEW STATE SECRETARIAT. DUTSE JIGAWA STATE